Recovery ROM can also be flashed using Updater App. Recovery ROMs come with a .zip file extension and can be installed through click here the Local Update method from within MIUI. You can also use a custom recovery for installing these ROMs, though do note that device-specific instructions may differ in that case. After downloading the firmware from above link, get a functional USB cable, then follow the instructions via this link to learn how to flash Xiaomi fastboot and recovery firmware.
Start by clicking ‘Select’ in the tool to launch the file selector window. Then navigate to the location where the Fastboot ROM was extracted, select the folder (do not select the ‘images’ folder instead), and click ‘OK’. With everything set up and ready, it’s finally time to flash the Fastboot ROM to your device using the Mi Flash Tool. Make sure that your phone has a sufficient battery charge (at least 40%) before you attempt the instructions. This should prevent your phone from accidentally switching off during the flashing process and prevent it from bricking.
- The tool will now recognize your device over fastboot and display its unique identifier under the ‘device’ column of the flash tool’s interface.
- These updates sometimes come only to the beta testers or in selected regions first, followed by a bigger global release later down the line.
- You may also repair your Redmi Pro Android device using Stock ROM Firmware Flash File.
- However, these custom ROMs are usually buggy and might have some stability issues as well.
- If you wish to flash a new ROM to the device or re-flash the factory default ROM file then you need to first boot to recovery mode.
- It is also helpful when the device is stuck at Mi Logo (Boot Loop).
However, it will only remove if the ROM is not modded or custom. If you accidentally format or factory reset your Android device with internal memory only (no external SD card), then it is pretty tricky to restore the default settings. From the recovery main menu, Wipe Data, cache and Dalvik. Also How to Install TWRP Recovery on Android Phones.
There is various type of ROM available, Recovery ROM and Fastboot ROM are two of them. If you want to install an official and unofficial MIUI ROM then try XiaomiMITool. Note, that you’ll need a PC to perform these tasks in hand. Once selected, the OTA package will start to download in the phone’s storage.